11th Annual Conference 2013 Texas School Nurses Organization
Click here to be redirected to the 2013 TSNO Annual Business Meeting Documents page. This page is for members only, and requires you to login.
It is with great honor and my pleasure to announce the results from the TSNO elections held in September. Lisa Formby has been re-elected as secretary and has worked hard these past two years not only as the TSNO Secretary but also as your Exhibits coordinator for the annual conference. Laurie Combe has been elected as the NASN director. Laurie has done a great job as interim director and has represented Texas well at the National level. Please join me in congratulating both of these women and join us during our annual business meeting in November, when they will be inducted into office.
TSNO Nominations Coordinator
Please share your best practices with your fellow nurses.
Enter our TSNO SCHOOL NURSING SHOWCASE
We want to showcase the ideas and programs that our varied and talented nurses across the state use in their practice at our Annual Conference in November in San Antonio. LVN abstracts must be co-authored by an RN. Here are ideas to get you thinking, but are not limited to:
- Have you had success with an immunization program or asthma program?
- Have you conducted a mini research at your school on best practice for relieving headaches, stomachaches, or whatever your number 1 complaint in the clinic is?
- Did you establish a walking program or other health practice with your students?
- Do you have an innovative way of organizing your clinic or training staff to give medicines when you are not present?
- Have you had a successful presentation to school boards on why nurses are important to the education system?
- Have you created a good in-service for other school nurses?
- Did you start a new club for students to prevent bullying, build self esteem, weight loss or whatever to help kids be in school healthy and ready to learn?
Click here to be directed to the conference page for this year's TSNO Conference, where you will find a link to the conference brochure. The brochure gives you all the registration directions, as well as hotel information. Registration opens on Sept 1. If you have any questions about registration, please contact Wendi Kendrick at email@example.com. General conference questions should be addressed to Margaret Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org or Francis Beckendorf at email@example.com. Hope to see you in San Antonio!
Nursing contact hours have been applied for through the Texas
Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing
nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Click here to view the information on how to help the community of West, Tx.
Margaret Ryan, Francis Beckendorf, and Julie Lindley from TSNO attended TNA's Nurse Day at the Capitol on February 26, 2013 along with 250 other nurses from across Texas. Click here to view the picture taken with Senator Nelson after her proclamation for Nurse Day at the Capitol, which made the front cover of Texas Nurses Association Magazine.
Click this link to view all the free webinars available from the American Clearinghouse on Educational Facilities.